Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Wow, so much to say, and really nothing at all! Well the hurricane came on Fri night into Sat morning. And I must say we were truly blessed. The worst we got was 60-70 mph winds and no rain. No real damage done. Lost some tree branches, and a baby tree we had just planted blew over, but Clint was able to stand it back up. Time will tell if it makes it. So we came out good. I got a lot of grief from Clint and my family about staying and not evacuating, but I had to make a decision based on what I felt was safest. Do I leave and get on the road by myself at 8 months pregnant and have no one to help if I have a flat or some other crazy evacuee tries to rob me or whatever, or do I stay at home with my husband were I know I will be safe with him. No one really agreed much, but I stayed. I felt safer with him than gone with out him!
The worst part has really been Clint not being at home though. He has been working in Galveston all weekend. He leaves about 5 am and gets home about 11. He has been putting in about 16 hr days. This morning he left at 4AM. Of course I get up with him when he comes home and when he gets up. It's the only time I get to see him!!! We aren't sure if he will get to come home tonight. He may be gone for a few days! It really stinks and I am really missing him. The worst part is his phone doesn't work while he is there. I guess they lost some cell phone towers there, because you can call, but it won't connect. So I have no clue what is going on. I didn't even know if he was coming home until he just showed up. So now I am just waiting again to see if he comes home tonight or 3 days from now. He thought tonight and tomorrow he would be staying. So now I just wait for him. Anyone wanna come stay the night with me and keep me company until he gets back?? I do ok during the day, but hate it at night!!! I hear everything, even the sound of my breath will shake me up. But I get through it!
Oh and Leaha is better. She is walking now without help.
And I have a Dr appt Thurs. They canceled last weeks because of the hurricane. I feel pretty good though, and think Cody is doing pretty good. He is getting bigger and stronger, I am sure of that.

No comments: