Friday, September 5, 2008

Leaha Update

Well my boss, Dr. Hayden, went and looked at Leaha's x-rays. (This man is really wonderful! I just love my boss!!!) He said she does look like she is in pretty bad shape. He said if we all didn't think that she probably got kicked by a cow, he would try and do some adjustments to see if he could get the vertebrae back in place. But he is worried there could be a fracture that can not be seen and he would only make things worse. Dr. Wilfert (Leaha's Dr) said he had another vet come in and look at the x-ray also, and all three dr's are pretty much in agreement that hopes are good for her because she has all her reflexes, nervous system is good, and spinal cord is not damaged. But we have to get her to use the bathroom. Still no poopie for 8 days now. THAT IS NOT GOOD. So Robyn had to go to the store today and buy an enema. So now you know what I will be doing tomorrow. Giving my baby an enema!! I guess I will just think of this as one of life's experiences! But she needs it so I will do it!!! Hopefully we can get her peeing and pooping back on track. That is our biggest worry, because it can make her really sick. Dr. Wilfert said he wants to see some kind of improvement by Monday. Oh I hope she improves. Her demeanor seems good with Clint and I, except she gets really frustrated that she can't walk.
Just wanted to update ya'll!

1 comment:

kathy b. said...

Oh to be a parent. You do what you have too. A fence is a small price to pay if you keep having vet bills. Poor Buster, his buddy isn't well. Bet his days are long. Cody, you and Clint will be glad to have a fence. Damn cows!