Monday, March 10, 2008

Small Town Living

I just want to say how I love living in a small town. It is so different from living in the big city. Our town has about 1900 people(at last census, although probably less now) Our county, probably 6000 although that is just a guess. It hit me on Saturday, when I was in the grocery store getting a couple of things. As many of you know I use to work in a dentist office. I was there for about 5 years. Anyway, I had a patient and her mother come up to me while I was in the store and tell me how much they really miss me. I don't know these people other than from my previous job. But we bonded on a professional level. She told me about her daughters last check up and that everything was good. Said she just wanted to tell me they miss me. I thought that was the nicest thing! But not just that. When I go anywhere, I know people. They wave or come talk for a minuet. You can walk down the street and feel ok to wave at someone. Or even just passing on the road! Everyone waves at everyone on the road.
I love small town living! (Who'd a thought?)

1 comment:

Kiki said...

Robyn, it was like that when we lived in Irving, too! you always knew someone no matter where we went. I, on the other hand, prefer the city. I don't like running into people I know, unexpectedly. Plus I think it is just the artsy fartsy side of me. I will drive 15 min to the groc. store just so I don't have to run into anyone I know at the little IGA up the street. If I see someone I know there, I'm usually very short with them and feel bad on my way home. I also like variety! Which you don't get when you live way out where you can here cows mooooing all day and the coyotes singing at night. I will be relieved when I don't have to drive way out to BFE just so I am not limited. I am glad you enjoy your country life and you are right! Who would have thought?